Doughnuts on a rope plane sighting-with request

Message posted by Jeff on April 30, 2000 at 12:29:19 EST:

Here is my two cents worth. I live about 35 miles south southeast of Fort Worth Texas. About two weeks ago my son and I were outside at dusk. I likes to watch vapor trails of planes and it was just nice to be outside. While watching some of the planes on approach to DFW I noticed a bright flash from a plane that appeared to be extremely high. Then a few seconds later another bright flash and so on. I ran in and got my binocs, should have grabbed my camera, by the time I got back the plane was almost out of sight. I could still see the flashing every few seconds and noticed that with each flash, the "Doughnut would appear on the rope." The plane was headed due South turning back to the Southwest. Here is my request or question and thought...If this was a wave pulse whatever...what are the advantages? It was an extremely bright flash that was clearly visible with my naked eye and very numerous. It was hard to miss. Wouldn't new engines or black engines want to be just as stealthy as the plane itself? By you alls knowledge are these wave pulse engines on only black aircraft or is there research for commercial use as well? What do you all think I saw? Even through the binocs I could not make out any features of the plane.

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]