Re: Glenn Campbell Passing

Help keep this
web site online

[ Post a Reply ] [ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]

Message posted by shockingguy (Member since 05/20/2011) on February 20, 2024 at 22:55:23 PST:

Dang I just found this out, I can’t say when I met GLENN but it was back in the 80s, I used to travel across the country quite a bit back down and had always been into things the government did and owned, I would hear about a secret location or a base or someplace where things didn’t seem right and I would start to visit them in my travels, I probably first heard about area 51 around 1980, then the book the puzzle Palace came out and I read that from cover to cover and it was my Bible to visit places for probably a decade and I pretty much visited every single location in that book. I then found out about GLENN and his websites and his writings.

I met him at his trailer a couple times out in Rachel, I hiked with him to the top of Tikaboo at least once, The last time in 1997 when I was in Vegas for the 50th anniversary of the Air Force show at Nellis.

I followed GLENN through his travels and his driveway trips and his journey through the Family Court system in Las Vegas and his reviews of the buffets in town.

I can’t even tell how many times I’ve visited the lands around 51, I was even leading people back in there on my own from the little alien occasionally when I would pass through and they would say oh I’d like to go out there I’m from Germany or something else, damn good times. Even got into quite a few scrapes with the camo dudes back in the 80s, pissed them off rightfully so.

I’m trying to find a picture of us up there on the mountain that Glenn had taken back then there was a group of us of 20 hikers or so and it used to always come up in Internet searches but it seems to be missing now and I know I have a copy of it somewhere but where I don’t know..

I communicated with GLENN on and off for decades and I still keep in touch with Agent X.

Lots of stories from the days out there, it’s been quite a while so I definitely need to get out there again.

Even got to the Roadrunners Internationale convention one year and got lots of interesting stories and autographs and memorabilia when the CIA brought the gift shop to Vegas.

Anyway my condolences to his family and friends, and I’ll never forget GLENN’s infectious smile
May he rest in peace 😔

In Reply to: Glenn Campbell Passing posted by Mike on January 23, 2022 at 13:48:58 PST:

Replies:

Post a Reply

(*) are required fields
Name (*):
E-Mail:
Password (*):
Subject (*):
Message (*):

Optional information:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL: