Sticker inside Tacit Blue cockpit

Help keep this
web site online

[ Post a Reply ] [ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]

Message posted by Salty (Member since 08/10/2018) on November 09, 2022 at 15:39:50 PST:

The National Museum of the AF website has a really cool 3-D cockpit view of this vehicle, and something I've been trying to figure out for some time is a sticker on it, looking similar to a patch.

Use the link below and zoom in on the right side of the right footwell and you'll see it (just left of the pitot anti-ice switch).

I can make out a few things after a little enhancement:

A mountain range in the back that is almost certainly the Papoose Range, with Papoose Mtn at the left. It matches the view from east of the base.

There is a green snake forming an "O" in the middle. The head is facing towards the top. I only mention this because there are flames coming out underneath it extending to the ground in a red circle.

Behind the snake there is a green smoke trail forming an "O" as well, and a tail to it coming from the direction of the base.

Lower left is a white splotch likely being a word, but no way it can be made out.

Finally, around the top edge are some words, 3 or 4 of them. The first one looks to be around maybe 10 letters (give or take a few), and I'm certain it starts with an "A" but I could be wrong. The last word appears to be 5 letters and start with a P or R and the 4 letter might be an L.

Soooooo. Does anyone recognize this little dandy, or have insights into its meaning in relation to Tacit Blue (other than the Groom connection, duh :-) ).

Thanks!

Attached link: http://www.nmusafvirtualtour.com/cockpits/RD_tour/RD-5.html

Replies:

Post a Reply

(*) are required fields
Name (*):
E-Mail:
Password (*):
Subject (*):
Message (*):

Optional information:
Link URL: