Re: UAP Calvine 1990 mystery photo found... along with the video of investigation

Help keep this
web site online

>>> We are still 39% short of our monthly goal. Please help keep Dreamland Resort online. <<<

[ Post a Reply ] [ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]

Message posted by Duke (Member since 08/27/2019) on August 13, 2022 at 7:58:44 PST:

SpeedFanatic-This site tends to shy away from UFO related topics, so I doubt many here are familiar with this incident and its subsequent history. That said, I agree with you about the significance of this 1990 event. I hope Joerg will indulge me as I provide a bit of background and why I think this sighting might be of interest here.

As can be seen in the photo (see link), the incident involved film photos taken of a symmetrically diamond shaped object over Scotland in 1990. Also shown in photo was an RAF Harrier. The photo was judged authentic by the RAF,as in it wasn't altered or otherwise affected by any photographic shenanigans.

Skipping all the usual UFO nuttery and conspiracy theories, we know the original photos disappeared from the MoD years ago. It became something of a Holy Grail for ufologists, particularly those in the UK. The fact a legitimate copy of the photo, one that had been squirrelled away by a retired RAF public information officer, has been found years later is causing quite a stir among those in the field of ufology.

The reason I believe this could be of interest to those of us here is because of an article I remember reading in AW&ST in the early 90s while still assigned to Special Projects about a US diamond shaped, hypersonic reconnaissance UAV. I don't remember any details, other than an artist's conception of what the thing might have looked like. And frankly, since it was unmanned, I wasn't interested anyway.

So, the question is whether or not anyone remembers the AvWeek article, and/or knows anything about a hypersonic diamond shaped UAV from the early 90s? If yes, could this UAV have been what's shown in the photo?

Attached link: https://www.the-sun.com/news/5987909/best-ufo-photo-calvine-hidden/

In Reply to: UAP Calvine 1990 mystery photo found... along with the video of investigation posted by SpeedFanatic on August 12, 2022 at 15:00:28 PST:

Replies:

Post a Reply

(*) are required fields
Name (*):
E-Mail:
Password (*):
Subject (*):
Message (*):

Optional information:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL: