Why would a P-ISR asset be 'Boneyard white'

Message posted by Smythers on November 02, 2020 at 14:47:26 PST:

I've got to head out for a project, so will be away for 12 weeks, but before I go ready my kit, I have to smash a seemingly unstoppable internet 'factoid' about why 'White is a bad color for high altitude aircraft!' and 'They wouldn't paint a high altitude airframe white!'

When in actual fact one of the big three smashed the age long accepted cycle of heat management in a long endurance / high altitude airframe.

I can't find any public papers or records of it, so will have to be vague, but I promise you that if you dig deep, you will find a comppany that has perfected a very novel way to 'bake in' thermal management to such a degree that they not only no longer require the fuel to act as a heat sink /thermal management system, but the process can actually provide the airframe with energy to store / use aboard onboard batteries / systems.

And the answer is in, on and under the bone white composites that make this all possible. It is quite the breakthrough, but it is real, and it is why right now? They are bone china white.

Get hunting, and I suggest you start with Universities. The answers are there, you just need to ferret them out.

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]