Re: UNDER ATTACK! HELP!

Message posted by The Major on July 09, 2006 at 17:55:09 PST:

The question is: Would we retaliate in kind with nuclear weapons? I suggest to you that we no longer have a credible nuclear deterrent because we do not possess the political will to use them. I believe we had more than enough justification to "go nuclear" after 9/11. If we had, we would have sent an unmistakable message of strength and resolve to those who only seem to get the point when a heavy boot is pressing on the back of their necks.

Imagine Honolulu as fallout being dispersed upon the Pacific as a result of a PDRK nuke. How many in this country, and in Congress, would fight tooth and nail, kicking and screaming, to stop a nuclear retaliatory strike? My guess is A LOT. After all, if NK nuked us, it is because we are the evil oppressor, responsible for all of the worlds' woes and home to Satan himself, GWB. Perhaps if the target was LA or San Francisco, they might feel differently.

I genuinely question our nuclear capability, not because of number, quality, or deliverability, but because we may lack the guts to use them when it is appropriate.

The Major

In Reply to: Re: UNDER ATTACK! HELP! posted by lone wolf on July 08, 2006 at 20:26:40 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]