Re: Terraserver Pic Analysis ATTENTION/further

Message posted by Richard on April 27, 2000 at 09:17:07 EST:

OK, here it goes for second analysis.
The Mystery Airfield is NOT inside the Area 19 Restricted Area.
Location i have found by looking at the image and the Military aerial charts is the mystery airfield is in fact 4 miles south of the large dry lake bed SE of Quartzite Mountain and east of the Bombing Targets.
It is just an airfield target much like Korean Airfield.

BUT.
The image we thought that might be Korean Airfield is NOT.
The Korean Airfield can be found by looking at the second to last image(the one before the Tonopah aircraft image)
Zoom out to 32 metres and go south until you come across the white-out part of the image.
Just going out of view you will find Korean Airfield located at tolicha Peak ECR.

The Airfield labelled 'Airfield or target' is in actual fact another strategic target located on the Range near Korean Airfield i guess.
I will talk with a friend who flies over the ranges and ask him how many airfields are actually placed around the Tolicha Peak area of operations.
It seems atleast 2 or 3 airfields(Korean included) are situated here with another situated in the Kawich Valley in the southern part of 74.
The larger one labelled 'Airfield or Target' looks like a general layout of an Iraqi Airfield such as that found south of Baghdad....but i maybe wrong.
It seems viable it could be seeing as that is what NATO is currently bombing in Iraq.

Whatever the outcome, they are only targets and if you look closely around the second from last image(the SAM site) you can see various airstrips and other tactical threat simulators and targets dotted around it.
That whole area is ALIVE with Tactical and Strategic targets along with real-time Threat simulators at Tolicha Peak and also at Black Mountain located just to the ESE/East.

If you have time, zoom out to 32 metres and pan across the whole area, you'll find loads of targets such as convoys, trains, industrial Complexes etc all used in Red and Green Flag.
You may be lucky to see a silhoette of a fast jet speeding across the desert.
Ive seen a few things that look like this...while panning across what is in view.

regards
Richard

In Reply to: Terraserver Pic Analysis ATTENTION posted by Richard on April 27, 2000 at 08:45:35 EST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]