Terraserver Pic Analysis ATTENTION

Message posted by Richard on April 27, 2000 at 08:45:35 EST:

Hi Magoo,

Just a few bits mentioned again after looking at some more images.

The image labelled 'Strange Symbol etc' on the terraserver and labelled by Magoo as a Tactical airstrip for the C-130 or C-27 site is actually 'Bonnie Claire Airport' Located near Bonnie Claire Dry Lake Bed it is not inside the Nellis Ranges but on BLM land. It is however very close to the Saline MOA.
Probably an old mining airport perhaps. Someone with local knowledge will know about this.

The Image labelled: 'Mystery airfield' OK this is a good one mainly because the co-ordinates if im correct make this located inside AREA 19.
From the corordinates it is located a few miles EAST of the mysterious pylon within the Area19 Restricted Area.
As my map skills are not perfect perhaps someone else can verify if the 37N19' 116W16' is within Area 19.
If it is, then this airfield is Brand New.
If it isnt then 'oh well' i messed up.
But notice on Joergs pictures he saw a Bulldozer and other heavy equipment heading into the Cedar Gate road Guard post.
Well the road splits off and actually leads into Range 74 which in turn leads into the southern part of the Kawich Valley. The road then passes through AREA 19 and JUST(with in a few miles) to the West of this Road is where the 'Mystery' Airfield is located on the Satellite Images.
Could be a possible LINK. And could be the possible 'cheshire airstrip' however not a stealth one like the drunk pilot said so which was of course complete crap!
The Cheshire airstrip could be there, but like i said, not a dissappearing one but a real target or usable airfield.
If this is new, it could of been built by the heavy equipment Joerg saw. It is a viable option to take considering the road does lead directly to it.
However if im wrong in my map skills, sorry to lead you all onto a different thing.

The other image labelled: 'Airfield or Target' is the Tolicha Peak Electronic Combat Range with real targets and also Smokey SAMs laid across the area for real time threat simulations.

I will take more look into the Mystery airfield which i think is within the Area 19 R-4807B and will post it here on the thread if i can gather more visual data on its whereabouts.
Perhaps Joerg could start a page on these airfield and images.

Regards
Richard
PX-2000 webmaster

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]