Re: Nellis/"Korean Airfield" question...

Message posted by Gary Sellani on October 17, 2000 at 02:58:21 EST:

BTW, It's on the terraserver, near the bottom left edge of the area 51 coverage.

Now if it's restricted, then it's restricted. Just because they don't guard the area very well is not an invitation to visit the site.

I have a friend who was "the radio guy" at Nellis when he was in the service. He had to service a site in the TTR and got permission to drive to the area with his crew. After they did the job, they left the imediate area but spotted some burnt out tanks than looked interesting to explore. Nobody was watching in theory, but as they were checking out the tanks, which required going down the "wrong" road, a helicopter came to greet them and they immediately got the hell out of there. Unfortunately, sercurity headed them off at the pass and things got nasty. Now of course the military holds their personel to a higher standard than the average schmuck who doesn't know better, but I assume they would get very nasty with you too. It is in their best interest to do so to deter others from doing the same thing.

Since it is near the edge of the restricted area, I bet you could find an observation point on a nearby hill. Telescope (especially used) are much cheaper than paying fines.

In Reply to: Nellis/"Korean Airfield" question... posted by Nelson on October 16, 2000 at 23:44:14 EST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]