Re: new stuff on my web site - feedback(FEEDBACK)

Message posted by Richard Cliff on September 07, 2000 at 16:29:56 EST:

Hi Gary and Magoo

Been away from this forum for a week but hes my information

The Tornado of Garys is a German F-4 Phantom based at Holloman AFB, NM. Involved in the German AF Training that has been going on there for a few years.
The German pilots here go on to be instructors so they are the chosen ones to take part in 'most' US Based Exercises. Just for the Record, German Tornados were also involved.

The Tornado is an Italian Tornado with ECM/Chaff pods and a HARM underneath the fuselage. The Italians use their tornados in the same way as the Germans use their ECR Variants.

The F-15E Eagle is as stated from RAF Lakenheath and was one of 12 sent over and one of 24 originally sent over from Lakenheath. 12 F-15Es and 12 F-15Cs with one F-15C crashing north of Rachel.
The white thing underneath the fuselage is what looks like a Practice Bomb dispenser. They are seen here in the UK with them all the time aswell as British tornados and jaguars using them.
they are actually a sort of aerodynamic holding device which holds the small bombs in twos with a few rows. So each holder can hold up to 8 bombs.
They are usually just kilograms in weight but the actual dynamics of the bomb and trajectory make it simulate a full blown 250 - 1000Ib bomb with good effects.

ALso Just for the Record. British RAF tornados took part in Green Flag as usual, and they came from their home of Goose Bay , Labrador. Thats where they went to afterwards aswell. As they are TDY for Western Vortex Exercises held by the RAF for Tornado Ground Level flying. Labrador is the only place where Tornados can fly at 600kts at 25ft if needed at night....so thats where they train night low level sorties below 100ft.

Also the 23rd FS with F-16s based at spangdahlem in Germany took part in the second phase of the Exercise.

Rich

In Reply to: Re: new stuff on my web site - feedback posted by Magoo on September 04, 2000 at 22:44:38 EST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]