Re: Mystery Picture.....

Message posted by Paul Reinman on July 22, 2000 at 11:31:21 EST:

For those in suspense....

It’s real !! !The Aeron 26 prototype was built in the early 1970’s as a proof of concept vehicle to carry large payloads. It was to be a blimp/lifting body hybrid that would eventaully lift up to 1000 tons ! ! I find it interesting that reports in the modern media suggest at least one large such vehicle may be flying now.

Where did the picture come from? Aviation Week and Space Technology, September 30th, 1974, page 45…it’s a pretty interesting article…

I asked a question on this newsgroup about six months ago about large hangars at Groom lake. From the dimensions given from the recent satellite photos it looks unlikely that an air vehicle as large as the one reported could be based there. Anybody have any other ideas on where such a beast might be based?

The article claims it was the first self launching man-carrying lifting body....

I'll post another (better) picture here in a day when I have time..

I think it's very interesting how there were a lot of clues to the F-117 before it was made public...I was just looking for clues to future planes in "old" media....

In Reply to: Mystery Picture..... posted by Paul Reinman on July 19, 2000 at 10:28:45 EST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]