Project Jennifer - Reply to Jim

Message posted by Richard C on June 23, 2000 at 07:00:28 EST:

Hi Jim,

I posted the new thread cause the old P-jen thread was far down the list and may of been forgot about.

I'm not sure where the CIA took the wreckage of the Russian SSBN K-129 which was a Golf 2 Class SSBN.
The CIA hired out the Recovery ship the 'Glomar Explorer' to do the dirty work which subsequently recovered THREE Nuclear Missiles, TWO Nuclear Torpedos and the subs code machine/code books.
I doubt very much they would of airlifted Submarine wreckage into an AirForce Testing Facility.
They probably sent the remains to a Navy Facility close to shore...perhaps at the time, Pt Mugu, China Lake or even Vandenberg AFB considering there was nuclear missiles involved.
You could be correct in saying the missiles and torps may of gone to Nevada, they could of gone to the NTS for a secure location but i doubt it.
Seeing as the incident took place approx 750 miles NW of Hawaii i expect the remains were placed somewhere in a secure location AWAY from the public because of the nukes, somewhere on the Western Coast of the US. Maybe in Washington State at the Nuclear Sub Arming point which is always away from a built up area incase of accidents.
I see no reason at all for remains of a Russian Submarine to be placed at a USAF Testing Facility at Groom Lake....i could be wrong however. I only know of the project/recovery/submarine and NOT where it was taken or its whereabouts now.

Regards
Richard C
PX-2000 Webmaster

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]