Sightings at Rachel

Message posted by Art Adams on June 18, 2000 at 12:08:20 EST:

Man,
I had to spend the night in Rachel on the 6th after the people's Rally. What a light show the Air Force put on for us. Dropping flares and the manuvers! I couldn't tell what type of aircraft I was viewing, it was approx 11:00 p.m. I was facing north, I was in room 3-2. If anyone is familiar with the Lil'Ale'inn they know that this is the last room on the north side. I watched aircraft fly in from the west (Area 51) turn lights on and off, drop flares and do some outragous manuvers. I know that these were Human aircraft due to the sounds associated with them. You could distintly hear jet engines. If you've ever been in that part of the desert at night you know that you can see a light for miles! You can also hear sounds for miles as well. I watched one aircraft fly in from the west turn south, light up some type of high intensity lights on each wing and then spin like it was out of control. The pilot regained control and it sped off to the west again. This was one of maybe 30 different aircraft I saw that night. I also could hear a chopper flying somewhere to the west. I couldn't see it, but I could hear the blades chopping. This was only my 3rd trip out there. Next time I'll be more prepaired, and perhaps get some clear photos for you guys.

Art

Attached link: Area 51

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]