Re: Sentinel image - cloud or aircraft ?

Help keep this
web site online

[ Post a Reply ] [ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]

Message posted by Joerg (Webmaster) (Member since 10/17/2000) on August 26, 2022 at 10:24:45 PST:

Nice find, thanks for sharing. I am on the fence here. The shape and orientation would be consistent with a flying wing design taxiing south from the 2014 hangar. The color sort of matches some of the shadows from lighter clouds. But the edges of the shadow are fairly well defined. More so that for the other lighter clouds.

When you zoom out you can correlate the shadows to the white clouds casting them, about 1/2 mile SE of the shadow. I see what may be some haze in the area where the cloud casting the shadow in question would be, but it does not appear dense enough to cast a well defined shadow.

The wing span is approximately 125ft. That is consistent with the assumed 130ft. wingspan of the RQ-180. At this point I am leaning towards this may be a valid photo of the RQ-180 coming out of the 2014 hangar at Area 51.

In Reply to: Sentinel image - cloud or aircraft ? posted by Frenchy on August 26, 2022 at 9:06:56 PST:

Replies:

Post a Reply

(*) are required fields
Name (*):
E-Mail:
Password (*):
Subject (*):
Message (*):

Optional information:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL: