Re: You Tube Area 51 Video

Message posted by NEONSKY on February 15, 2012 at 20:06:03 PST:

For quite a few years I have been going to the Tempiute Valley and parking my RV in the NVHD gravel bank just off Rt.375. I go mostly to Red Flag exercises and sometimes in between just for the heck of it, boondocking one to two weeks at a time,several times a year, so much so that a friend nicked named my parking spot it Alantown.I added population one.

I usually go solo, sometimes with a close friend, but pretty much by myself. I live in Las vegas, and when I tell people where I go, they ask why. Well I take photos, and I call it going fishing in the desert. I hang around certain areas for 6-8 hours just to try a capture five minutes of photos. From several hundred photos, I'm lucky to catch a dozen or so good ones, mainly because of bad composition, or blurry pics. And in between those few moments is the enjoyment of vast vistas of colored landscapes that unceasingly change hour by hour, season through season, sun up until sundown, and then there are those incredible stary night skies, OMG such beauty. Many of my photos are taken just to show those who will never get a chance to be there, what it is like from the civilian side just to be there. A more important reason is to salute through photography, and show to the rest of the world those airmen and women who train so hard, and at any given moment may sacrific it all for us, either in training or combat. I hope some of those pilots and family take a few moments to see what their loved ones do out there either at 300 ft or 30,000 ft.

T.D., you and others have been priviledged to have seen both sides of the mountains, and I for one saluted you and your brothers and sisters for the work you have done.

So we civilians go to the valley and watch and wait, each with our ulterior motive, for that few second tantelizing moment to glympse something never seen before except by a few priviledged personnel. It's the best we can do, all we can do, to be part of the great adventures we mere mortals strive to achieve.

At least I know that the U.S. is still testing, experimenting and who knows, maybe still reaching for the stars. If I can just see a small part of that
then I feel that I am part of that which goes on beyond the mountains, just out of site. There are some of us who do care and that is a good thing. It is what keeps Dreamlandresort alive.

Some of my photos can be seen on Webshots under NEONSKYLV.

P.S. To the cammo dudes for whom I have the utmost respect. You're the brunt of jokes and taunts because
everyplace has to have a whipping boy, and you are the only physical presence that keeps the curious from crossing that line in the sand. Your job carries long boring and tedious hours. You are faceless to most everyone except your close families. In reality, we are all thankful that you are there, especially in this present time. Thank you for your service too.

And if life doesn't get in the way again too much this year, and you happen to see my 5th wheel RV always flying our flag, and my white Ford pickup parked at Alantown this year, well stop by and say hello, the coffees always on.

Alan

In Reply to: Re: You Tube Area 51 Video posted by TD Barnes on February 15, 2012 at 15:10:28 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]