Re: You Tube Area 51 Video

Message posted by TD Barnes on February 16, 2012 at 8:56:16 PST:

Alan,you and some of the others on this great forum may wonder why some of us are suddenly participating where in the past we were passive visitors to Joerg's web site. The recent declassification of our participation at the Ranch by the CIA, and the Agency lifting of the restriction of using the name Area 51 enables us to participate a bit more openly. As some of you know, last October the Roadrunners, including the CIA store and Chief Historian, went to Rachel where we had a great time mixing with the locals. Joerg was instrumental in organizing the day at Rachel. What many of you may not know is that Nellis AFB suggested we make the trip and even planned to participate with a flyover. The weather prevented the flyover, but the AF did publicize the event in their media. This is a recognition that we are happy to see. We are planning a return trip to Rachel next year during our reunion. I think this opening up by the CIA has shown the Air Force that this has stopped some of the silly rumors about what is going on at Groom and gained support for what they are doing there. What some of you may not know is that for almost 10 years we have been recording for history what we did at the Area as part of the UNLV Oral History project that is being continued by the Nevada Aviation Hall of Fame. The interviews and such have been done by people like those participating in this forum. We, in effect, are passing on our legacy to people like all of you to maintain. A good example is the Roadrunners turning over their web site to Joerg as webmaster. I utilize the associate members in the Roadrunners for almost all of our activities because they want to do it and because our members are getting to the age where they can't do it. In addition to our occasionally posting a message on this forum, we are aggressively encouraging the Area 51 veterans to record their stories and to teach students about the past to encourage their interest in aviation and aerospace. We thank all of you for your support and caring. Some of you have mentioned having video of the Red Flag planes on the range. I would suggest to Joerg that he set up a YouTube page to share these video with the public as I have for NVAHOF. Just make sure that you never post something that will reveal something classified. The Air Force will respect that show of responsibility to national security and our being a nation at war.

In Reply to: Re: You Tube Area 51 Video posted by NEONSKY on February 15, 2012 at 20:06:03 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]