Re: Massive double sonic boom over Edwards

Message posted by Joe on May 11, 2011 at 13:08:33 PST:

I was camped out at the small site just off HWY 375 between Groom Lake Road and the Mailbox last Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights.

Friday morning I also heard two sonic booms, very loud, enough to rattle my RV. Later in the day I saw contrails from two craft, one with a much larger contrail than the other and flying in close formation -- perhaps one craft observing another? I have some photos I'll try to post along with a full trip report. Later Friday afternoon I also heard a very loud single sonic boom or explosion of some sort.

Also saw a very bright light on the horizon several times during those nights. At first I thought it must be headlights on GLR heading toward me, but it did not appear to move. Later I saw what were clearly headlights, and I'd estimate this other light was 10 to 20 times brighter. On Friday night into Saturday at about 4:00AM it lit up again for 5 to 10 minutes. A few minutes after that I saw the tailights of a car headed down GLR toward where the light had apparently been.

Wondering if they have some kind of massive lighting there near the border or security shack?

Joe

In Reply to: Re: Massive double sonic boom over Edwards posted by Darth Enzo on May 10, 2011 at 20:52:04 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]