Re: Trip report

Message posted by Joerg (Webmaster) on November 20, 2006 at 10:16:41 PST:

I am not sure that they can tell worker cars from tourists. The sensor units that Chuck and I examined had no such detection feature. The direction of travel can be determined by two sensors not far from each other, though.
I would think that in the mornings and evenings the cammos are on one of the two hills. In times with light traffic on GL Rd. and on weekends they prefer to stay at the Guard Shack, and only come out when needed. (Perhaps a connection can be made between this and the football season?... ;-))
There are also sensors inside the perimeter. When a civilian contractor etc. trips a sensor "on the inside", they are often called on the radio to confirm that it was them, and not an intruder.

As for the cammos "buffer zone", I would think it ends somewhere between Campfire Hill (about two miles outside the gates) and the highway. People camped on Campfire Hill have reported visits by the cammos at night. Camped by the highway I have seen them drive by on their routine rounds, but they showed no particular interest in me.

In Reply to: Re: Trip report posted by Joe on November 20, 2006 at 9:46:39 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]