Re: OT: Money rules, even in Rachel

Message posted by Jim on July 25, 2006 at 7:40:09 PST:

Instead of trying to get BLM to transfer land to the town of Rachel, why not move the trailers to some of the vacant land within the town boundaries. Having been there several time, there is a lot of land within the town where trailers could be moved. The last time I checked with a realtor in the county, land was inexpensive in Rachel. I believe that the only problems would be: getting permit from county to move older trailers (which can be done in Lincoln county), septic system, water hookup, electric hookup).

It would probably not be neighborly to try and harm the new owner financially. This is what I call immature, and downright unAmerican. The best course of action would be to have a frank and honest discussion with the owner. Since September is basically the end of the tourist season, he might be willing to work with the residents on a time frame for them to move. Remember, you catch more flies with honey than vinegar. Treat him with respect and he will probably do the same right back. He probably only wants to make a nice profit, and not have to 'watch his back' everytime he drives through town. Give him a chance.

Jim

In Reply to: OT: Money rules, even in Rachel posted by Joerg (Webmaster) on July 22, 2006 at 2:09:45 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]