Re: Trash on Tikaboo Peak

Message posted by lone wolf on August 12, 2005 at 18:42:53 PST:

The problem is not everyone who hikes Tikaboo read this list. I've only met people on two occasions coming down Tikaboo. One was the Texas law enforment dudes with the freakin' trail chewing ATV. The other was just two guys. Both groups claimed not to read this forum when I asked. Personally, I think they are liars, since anyone into Groom Lake knows all the websites. However, I'm not sure why they would lie about this.

The Texas law dudes (which could also be a lie, though they were strapped) were smoking, so I think we know who left all the butts. I suspect they built that annoying rock wall and screwed up the bench. The top of Tikaboo was totally trashed when I got ther.

I don't recall if I posted this, but the ATVers moved the yellow caution tape so that it would go on their trail, not the hiking trail. Stuff like this just leaves me shaking my head in wonder, like they couldn't put their own tape up with a different color.

Equally confusing to me is what jerk(s) has (have) been stealing the BBQ grills I've left at the usual hangouts for the use by me and others. [You can make a BBQ using the readily available rocks in the desert and a "replacement" grill.]

In Reply to: Re: Trash on Tikaboo Peak posted by Dave B on August 12, 2005 at 14:22:51 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]