Re: Trash on Tikaboo Peak

Message posted by lone wolf on August 12, 2005 at 21:24:17 PST:

UV light causes most plastics to deteriorate. I'm pretty sure trash bags can't take UV. [OT, but the same goes for the white PVC, but not the gray PVC.]

Those tents were there when Peter and I did the hike. Did someone clear the downed trees, or did you guys do an extra long hike?

I'm not sure if I posted this, but the trail was so slippery going down that I put my backpack on my camping pad and then dragged it down the hill in the slippery areas. [OK, I trashed a $5 Wally-World pad, but didn't break my neck.] The trail has got worse over the years I've been hiking it. I think we are at the point that perhaps the downward hike should be down on a trail parallel to the old trail.

One of the grills that got swiped was at the power line overlook. The other was at a campsite I rather not mention since it's not on your list [though you know of it.] I did a quick look for the grill on Tikaboo, but since we didn't have any food to cook, it was more of a curiosity check rather than a necessity.

Besides the trash, one other thing bugs me. Often when I camp at a spot, I'll gather more wood than I need and leave a pile for the next camper. This comes in handy when you show up at dusk and don't have time to gather wood in the dark. It used to be that when I'd return months later, wood would still be there. I'm pretty sure it wasn't my pile, since often the wood that was left was much bigger than what I left. However, I haven't found this to be the case anymore. You leave some wood for the next guy, it's history.

I left a folding saw on Tikaboo so the next person could gather wood. It wasn't the greatest saw since I had snapped off the end of the blade, but it worked. Well, it was also history.

Obviously I'm going to have to start to hide the goodies and tell people I know that you can find a blah blah blah at a certain location, much like a geocache.

In Reply to: Re: Trash on Tikaboo Peak posted by Joerg (Webmaster) on August 12, 2005 at 20:50:22 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]