south tikaboo gate structure

Message posted by scott on January 06, 2001 at 23:57:42 EST:

After a visit there last weekend, I noticed a "solar 3" written on the side. I searched the DOE (nevada) database and came up with the following information:
The Coyote Spring Valley site is located approximately 93 km (58 mi) north of Las Vegas.
Site boundaries fall within both Clark and Lincoln counties and have 3,200 acres of land
available for solar power development. The property is currently owned by Aerojet
Investments, Ltd. The Lincoln County Power District owns and operates the existing
transmission system, which runs along the western border of the Aerojet property. The
existing system is capable of accommodating 35 MW of solar generated power. Providing
water to a solar facility on site would require either drilling or a new well or transporting
water from an off site location. The closest supply of natural gas is 47 km (29 mi) to the east
where a Southwest Gas pipe line is located.

I think this may be a testbed for researching solar usage there. Even though Coyote Spring Valley is furthere south, the feds claim it's in both Lincoln and Clark counties.

It would fit with the area it's in.

Attached link: http://www.nv.doe.gov/news%26pubs/publications/envm/eis/document/appa-04.htm

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]