Re: You Tube Area 51 Video

Message posted by TD Barnes on February 15, 2012 at 15:10:28 PST:

Robert, I like your post about not seeing something every time you visited Rachel and the border to the Area. People expect to see something every time they peek at the lake. That is not the way it is. I'm sure there is more activity there now than when I was at the Ranch, but back then it was the most boring place I ever worked in regards to actual flights. On a normal day you are lucky to see or hear more than a weather flight or the Air Force pilots staying current by flying one of the chase planes. The flight of a proof of concept platform might not fly more then once or twice a month or longer in between, depending on what stage they are in with its development. In between, the company or whomever, are making changes needed before the next test flight. In between test flights, nothing goes on of any interest to someone merely watching for a flight. Only during the final stages of its test flying would one expect to see flights every day except for the commuters and flights by the Air Force pilots staying current. For us, seeing a C-130 paying us a visit was a big deal.

In Reply to: Re: You Tube Area 51 Video posted by Robert on February 15, 2012 at 10:49:02 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]