Re: Upcoming trip

Message posted by JoenTX on May 11, 2008 at 22:48:47 PST:

Well, it's too late now because we're already half way there as I post tonight from Albuquerque, NM. I considered driving straight through (I've done that on several previous occasions from Ft. Worth to Atlanta-only about an hour or so shorter) but we're going to throw in a bonus at Grand Canyon NP so we decided to stop for the night.

The itinerary I created in March for air/hotel/car Mon-Fri to/from Las Vegas was $865. We got a pretty good 17.2 mpg today (710 miles) out of the F-150 and I'm guessing round-trip fuel bill around $500 or so. Got 4 nights at the Sahara for $160. Paid $50 tonight for a room and may/may not on the way back. Throw in a some meals and what not.....we might actually beat that package price by a little bit. May not.

Anyway, I can always say I've done it and make future plans on this experience. One problem has arisen though. We are taking the GF's pickup and there is some debate as to whether or not we are going to take it down miles and miles of dusty Front Gate road when we get there. Unforseen issue on my part.

I guess we'll have to wait and see.....

In Reply to: Re: Upcoming trip posted by Lou on May 11, 2008 at 5:33:37 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]