Boats

Message posted by Jeff on April 30, 2000 at 13:00:20 EST:

I love this site. Another area of discussion should be black project boats. I went to an American Airlines forum they have every now and then and at this particular one the ex head of lockheeds skunk works, or maybe he was the current-I would have to pull the flyer out, was the featured speaker. He had some great pics of all sorts of stuff. Not only planes they had worked on but boats as well. No planes pics I hadn't seen before but the boat pics were very interesting. He showed a Howard Hughes project they had converted an old oil tanker to recover a downed soviet sub, which I later say profiled on the Discovery channel, as well as a stealth attack boat that looked like and F117 on water. He talked that they were working on numerous things such as not only stealth planes and boats but said the big thing currently was stealth weapons to go on the planes and boats, especially boats. Of note Aurora did come up and he was very open and said he always gets that question. He gave the same old line that he thought that was the code name for Northrops B2 ect...but assured us that they obviously had new planes then the F117 in development. As I am typeing I remember one other project he mentioned it, he even had picture. It was of a huge "lighter then air" ship. He said they had been working on two concepts. One with the head of FedEx and one for the military as some type of launch vehicle. The pictures he showed were drawings and it looked to me like a huge, huge blimp with a launching or maybe landing area atop it. The shipping obviously would make sense, I don't know how pratical a military device it would be which he acknowleged as well but said they had not totally closed that line of research.

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]