Re: S - 4

Message posted by Richard on April 12, 2000 at 09:23:56 EST:

Well, Magoo is correct in the designations.
S-1 to S-9 are allocated areas within the Area51 complex and NOT Papoose Lake.
S-2 belongs to Northrop and is where the Tacit Blue and the B-2A were developed and Test Flown.
S-4 belongs to Lockheed Martin and was where the F117, Have Blue and Senior Trend programs were tested. DarkStar was also here(TIER 3 minus)
S-9 now belongs to Northrop Grumman aswell as S-2 but was formerly used by Teledyne Ryan to develop UAV's such as Global Hawk and other UAVs including UCAV's.
As Teledyne Ryan is now owned by Northrop i guess Northrop are undertaking the UCAV and UAV program in ~S-9 area.

Site-4 is the Tonopah Electronic Combat Range(TECR) and works in conjunction with Tolicha Peak Electronic Combat Range(TPECR) in developing/testing/training of Radar reflections, electronic combat training, RCS etc etc.
Have Blue and Senior Trend tested RCS on Site-4 aswell as the Northrop B-2A.
Many other Black Programs use this facility for RCS and radar testing.
It features heavily in GREEN FLAG aswell as TPECR located SW of Site-4 on the Western side of the Nellis Ranges located near Black Mountain Threat Simulator(Target Acquision Threat Simulator Radar site)

Site-4 has a Helipad located at the site but no runway and has the HQ located in the complex.

Theres nothing at Papoose Lake....
A friend at Nellis told me he used to bomb targets on papoose as its part of Range 65, so why would a base be there?
Mark Farmer flew over Papoose Lake in the backseat of an Agressor F-16 while on his flight around the ranges(getting good views of Area51 while flying over the Papoose.) Nothing was seen AS EXPECTED over or on papoose lake.....the story of S4 at the lake is dribble...complete crap.

You can see one of Mark Farmers (who kindly gave me permission to use his photo) photos taken on the flight on my Website (Project X-2000) and the photo is the best aerial photo of Tonopah Test Range available on the net....

Do not take no notice on what you hear about the S4 at Papoose Lake.....
Its like believing in the Helendale story of an alien base 45 stories deep underneath the complex....another load of dribble!

regards
Richard

In Reply to: Re: S - 4 posted by Magoo on April 11, 2000 at 20:29:41 EST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]