Re: Groom 'Box'

Message posted by Richard on March 27, 2000 at 05:43:58 EST:

According to Nellis some time ago, i was told that Groom Lake can only be overflown in a dire emergency and if then, only ABOVE 15,000ft...Strictly.
If in emergency no landing will be made at the base and if it gets worse, eject....nice isnt it?
The same goes about some of the NTS Sites, no overflying except above 15,000ft in dire emergency however MOST of the NTS is open to low level flying transiting to the Range 70's.

I also heard from a friend at Nellis that pilots were giving a thorough going over when told to RTB after entering the R-4808N Area.
He also said that, when Red Flag is on.....it is so hard to tell and co-ordinate the foreign groups that do not talk english very well....
He said that with RAF(Obviously)Dutch and German, theres no need to tell em...they already know and speak very good english ( i hear and see them enroute to Red Flag refuelling above my house, so i can verify that).
He also said , no offence to anyone with nationality....that the French are ignorant when flying as they speak in french first then repeat in english,....so far they are the only country to do this as English is a 100% military talk.

Rich

In Reply to: Re: Groom 'Box' posted by Magoo on March 27, 2000 at 02:11:13 EST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]