Check this out...

Message posted by Someone Who Knows on March 19, 2000 at 09:54:11 EST:

Greetings,

I was looking around the net, and someone sent me a link to the Plant 42 (home of the B-2, F-117, Darkstar) "Palmdale Cam". This is an internet camera that sits on Tehni Mountain, at 4,000 feet, and is pointed directly at AF Plant 42 in Palmdale CA. The link for this camera is attached below.

If you go to the camera, there is a note right below the image that says that if anyone has a snapshot from 2/22/00, please send it to the webmaster. Well, curiosity getting the better of me, I emailed him and inquired why. He said that there was a teenager murdered at 2130 that evening, and that the cam might have recorded it.

I went back to the cam, and maximized it, and given the resolution of the cam, and the direction in which it is pointed, all that I can see with any clarity is the Antelope Valley Freeway (highway 14), Avenue S, and the off-ramp. There is a park and ride there at Avenue S, but it is not visible in the camera. There are some houses, but again, nothing that can be discerned with any clarity. Then it hit me...

1. Camera pointed at Plant 42
2. Plant 42 makes yummy aircraft
3. At 2130, all you see on the cam is lights of the city (the brightest being from P42)...

Hmmmm......

Then I remembered that kid that posted that he and his father saw a strange aircraft while driving north on Hwy 14... I have seen aircraft fly into and out of P42, and I know that anything North of Ave K, you see squat flying into there. So, the kid and his dad must have been south of K, I figure between Aves M and S...

Thoughts?

Attached link: Yummy Plant 42 Camera

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]