Re: Dreamland references

Message posted by Magoo on March 04, 2000 at 23:28:16 EST:

Sorry - the Tornado remark was directed at Richard, with whom I have been having a friendly jibe with lately. I like the Tornado, and the guys that fly it have a real affinity and 'brotherhood' with our F-111 guys.

I fully agree that the JP233 raids carried out by the RAF in Iraq were awesome, and required some really big stones on the aircrews' parts! The problem is however, that the days of having to overfly one's target, at 50 feet or 50,000 feet are numbered. Stand off GPS guided bombing is the future, and that is what the RAF should be looking at to equip its Tornado fleet. That's why I can't understand why they are ging through all this grief at the moment trying to get the TIALD pod to work.

Have you read 'Tornado Down' by John Peters and John Nichol? I have an autographed copy, and it graphically tells the story of what these guys went through after they were shot down on such a raid. Unbelieveable!!!

Magoo

In Reply to: Re: Dreamland references posted by Andre' M. Dall'au on March 04, 2000 at 21:16:47 EST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]