Re: Funny email from a "cammo dude"

Message posted by Richard on October 14, 2000 at 05:07:29 EST:

Gary,

why not just leave the Security guys alone....
i wouldnt even bother looking it up, theyve had enough crap as it from other websites.

Incidently, in February this year i had a similar email from two people.
One said near enough the same thing, the other said he was from Lockheed and asked why we called them 'Camo-dudes'.
Whether or not they were 'real' im not sure, as i did not follow them up. I only followed up the weird ones which were not self explanitory in the actual domain name.
I had literally thousands of visits from the US Military and Government, with Lockheed and Boeing workers visiting over 50 times per day.
I also had a few weird ones such as:
GUARDIAN 1 and GUARDIAN 9 with the rest being something like Guardian1.445.nts.doe.gov or whatever it goes like, i cant remember.
IT turned out they too were Security, but as above, for the Nevada Test Site. Each user used a different operating system so were probably in different buildings perhaps.
Aswell as that, i had hundreds of visits from Dryden and also had a few from NSA and DIA.
It got to the point at first where i was 'wow'd' at who was looking at my site (Project X-2000). Then after a few thousand of them, i didnt even bother follow them up.
Needless to say i couldnt follow all of them asi had so many visits, my tracker only went from the last 500 visits. And i was getting that an hour at some point.(when it was broadcast on Coast-Coast), which after that, i actually had 3,300 visits in just 30 mins. And it went on till it reached 100,000 visits....(in 3 months) with a few thousand being military, and a couple of thousand being government.

There are a few sites on this net that actually give the Camo's a real hard time. Some showing their faces (which is absolutely outrageous as it can lose them their job outright) why do you think they cover their faces up and turn away!!
Some have actually printed their names and address which is even more stupid and outrageous.
Why not give them a break, they are just doing their job....and are just normal civilians..

Rich

In Reply to: Re: Funny email from a "cammo dude" posted by Gary Sellani on October 14, 2000 at 00:11:42 EST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]