Re: Popular Science Article

Message posted by Steve Hauser on October 12, 2000 at 16:17:04 EST:

I have purchased the issue. The article is written by Steve Douglass. The British magazine Aircraft Illustrated ran a story on this plane in its July 2000 issue. In that issue, AI credited me with bringing the patent for this plane to its attention. The Popular Science article does not mention me and there is no legal reason why it would have to. But really, this isn't about me (quick, somebody stick a pin in my head before it explodes). It's much bigger than me. This may well be the first time EVER that a black aircraft was made white in such detail and with accurate graphical representations by the freedom-loving American public before the Air Force was good and ready to lift the dark veil of secrecy. Only time will tell if the plane is real, but my gut says it is. The article claims the plane is currently undergoing declassification review by the Pentagon. Would the plane currently be undergoing such review had these articles never appeared? Who knows. But this event raises some interesting ethical questions on the nature of Intercepting. Anyone care to comment on the notion that we may not just be shooting blanks here and there is a real possibility that through our research efforts we may in some sense do damage to national security? Or are our efforts more analogous to those of hackers who are at worst playful tricksters and whose actions serve only to make the hacked system stronger?

Attached link: http://www.desertsecrets.com/airplanes.html

In Reply to: Popular Science Article posted by Crazymaler on October 11, 2000 at 19:35:07 EST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]