Re: waypoints based on the Nellis range map

Message posted by Gary Sellani on October 04, 2000 at 02:49:17 EST:

Checking the topo map and cranking some Excel, I can tell you that you will have a view from about a third of the lake all the way back to the hills. It won't be the "linear" view that you see in the Tikaboo photos, so making the panoramic will be tricky. That is, you may have to sweep left to right and front to back. However, the distance around 18 miles, so the photos should be much better than the current views.

I may race you to the spot, but Joerg can beat us both to it since he is there. I still can't believe they missed this spot. Be careful to insure you are not crossing the border since you are near the border and the Nellis range map isn't perfect.

It looks like you can take the road to Bald Mountain, then make a right to cut over to the next road. A more direct route would be the road to the north of the road leading to Bald Mountain, though I've never been on that road. Either way, the cameras on Bald Mountain will have you nailed. You don't have to worry about being alone making the hike, because big brother will be watching. Just remember to turn your back to Bald Mountain if you , well, you know....

In Reply to: Re: waypoints based on the Nellis range map posted by Andrew R on October 03, 2000 at 22:03:50 EST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]