Re: Groom Lake Infiltration (because you're mine, I walk the line)

Message posted by Gary Sellani on October 02, 2000 at 23:29:47 EST:

I've been trading email with someone regarding making a border maps, i.e. walking the border and logging the coordinates with a GPS. It would be a huge task even to do the area between Groom road and the Back Gate road. It would take 3 to 4 days. Perhaps we can market it as a weight loss program. [I could sure use it.]

You would need two people for sure, if only to have a car waiting at the various border crossings to pick you up, unless of course you want to camp along the way. I can't see doing more than 10 miles a day in that terrain.

You would probably have to hike in a funny manner where you make arcs between the border posts. That is, after logging a post, walk away from the border a bit, then keep heading toward the next post. You don't want to take a change on accidentally crossing the border, or worse yet having the cammo dude or the spy camera on Bald Mountain think you cross the border.

Another alternative would be a freedom of information act request where you ask for the coordinates of the border. All the Edwards MOAs have very accurate coordinates on their website. If you could just request this information, so much the better. Of course, how do you ask for the border coordinates of a place that doesn't exist?

In Reply to: Re: Groom Lake Infiltration posted by Magoo on October 01, 2000 at 17:59:10 EST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]