Skunk Works

Message posted by Magoo on September 27, 2000 at 22:40:00 EST:

Richard & co...

I found the Palmdale pics on Terraserver (the same as in your Plant 42 article), and I have noticed another Blackbird in its protective spraylat covering near the Skunkworks building.

Assuming the pics have North at the top, if you were to draw a line from the top right (NE) corner of the main building away to the ENE, The aircraft is about 170 yards from that corner, and is pointing back to the left (W), between several crate/shipping container like objects that are spaced a couple hundred yards apart going N to S.

This may be '962', which is the aircraft slated for the display at the new museum at Duxford, and will be the only Blackbird displayed overseas.

Magoo

P.S. If there is anyone out there with any contacts at LM or at Palmdale, would it be possible to confirm the tail number of this aircraft, and possibly the other Blackbirds at the other LM complex at Palmdale too? I realise this is a 1994 pic, so it may have been moved.

As this is a totally selfish exercise on my part, and not related to the DLR site, please email me with your answers so that I may update my database.

Thanks in anticipation...

Attached link: Skunk Works

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]