Re: Groom Lake Infiltration

Message posted by Gary Sellani on September 27, 2000 at 00:25:30 EST:

Regarding KGB infiltration, I see 3 possible scenarios:
1) gaining knowledge of our capabilities, but not the technology
2) gaining knowledge of the nuts and bolts technology
3) sabotage

I suspect the first item is the most likely case. You get someone on the base in some low level job, and they find out what is being developed. The person may not know the details, but seeing the planes fly is still good information. Stealing the actual technology is probably much harder because all the paper work has controls such as "need to know" or whatever. If the KGB sabotaged something, we would probably never know. Things go wrong all by themselves too.

Do we know the exact mission at area 51? These new planes (or whatever) always have a design phase, a development phase, and of course testing. It is possible that Groom works on development (as in debugging or optimization) and testing, but the design is done elsewhere. Thus the KGB would have to infiltrate the whole project, not just one base. When I was an EGG employee, there were plenty of military projects going on, but you never had all the details, rather you designed a piece of the puzzle given some boiler plate specification.

In Reply to: Re: Groom Lake Infiltration posted by Magoo on September 26, 2000 at 17:48:55 EST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]