Re: AREA 51 and fiber optic technology

Message posted by Norio Hayakawa on September 14, 2000 at 02:50:24 EST:

Like Magoo wrote, I believe that this subject had been discussed before on this forum. If I am not mistaken, aviation writer, Bill Sweetman, had discussed this type of cloaking mechanism when he wrote an article on May, 1997 issue of POPULAR SCIENCE about "daytime stealth" effects using electrochromatic (or electro-chromic) panels. Sweetman suggested that this type of mechanism could be one of several concepts being researched or tested at Groom Lake. If I am not mistaken, there was also an article in 1996 in Aviation Week & Space Technology that alluded to this type of cloaking mechanisms possibly being researched at Groom.
However, I have yet to find any more solid information on electrochromatic panels anywhere, except for Project Chameleon patent presented by Dr. Richard Schowengerdt in California. Therefore the bottom line is that until further demonstrated evidence comes about, this just has to remain in the realm of sheer speculation.

In Reply to: AREA 51 and fiber optic technology posted by area 51 watcher on September 12, 2000 at 22:42:45 EST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]