Re: new stuff on my web site - feedback

Message posted by Gary Sellani on September 05, 2000 at 00:18:31 EST:

Thanks for the UH-60 info. I've placed it on the page. It is hard to keep track of all these various photos. I really wish I had bought a camera body that put the date and time on it. Then I could tell if these were different planes or the photos of the same plane at different times. You can't depend on the color of these planes to differentiate them. The problem is the film came back very blue, perhaps due to heat. [It may be also that I bought the film at a different store than I usually use, and the sleaze bags did not sell the film in the box, but loose. It may have been expired. Also, the film was developed on a Friday night south of Market in San Francisco, a bad idea.] Anyway, the photos had to be cleaned up quite a bit, which causes color shift.

In the future, I'm going to use a warming filter on these plane photos. These photos with dominant sky background always seem to be too blue, those this foo-bar batch of film was far worse than usual.

Getting back to Tornada, does anyone know about the cool lightning bolt on the tail. I did some net searches and can't find it anywhere.

Another thing. I put a page here with the F16 crash, but are we really sure this is the F16 crash. Was there a F15 crash also?

http://www.lazygranch.com/f16_1_crash.htm

The only way I can tell the F15 from the F16 is the tail design. But once the plane is in pieces, it's hard to tell what it was. The reason is I see that black F15 I photographed and it gets me wondering.

In Reply to: Re: new stuff on my web site - feedback posted by Magoo on September 04, 2000 at 22:44:38 EST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]