Re: If horses could talk.. (now F16 Crash)

Message posted by Steve on September 02, 2000 at 06:38:07 EST:

I read an article in the Las Vegas Review-Journal or the Las Vegas Sun a while back that led me to believe that the crash was in the Mormon mountains.
I thought that it may have crashed in the vicinity that a F-15 crashed years ago. Tom Mahood visited the F-15 crash site while looking for the crash site of an A-12(?)a few years ago. I forget the nomenclature but it was the predecessor to the SR-71. Check Tom's website if you are interested in old crash sites.
The article on page 8 of the Bullseye said that the Air Force set up the crash investigation site about nine miles from the crash site, because the crash was in such rugged terrain. The area I believe the old
F-15 crash is about 8-9 miles east of the Meadow Valley Wash road. If the F-16 crashed in the Mormons the investigation site would have been set up either along the Meadow Valley Wash road on the road on the east side of the mountains that runs from I-15 to Lyman Crossing. The I-15 exit says Carp - Elgin for this road.

In Reply to: Re: If horses could talk.. (now F15 Crash #1) posted by Steve on August 29, 2000 at 12:29:15 EST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]