Honesty & Morals

Message posted by Al on February 01, 2000 at 16:01:36 EST:

Im just throwing this into this Forum to see what others think,
I've read Ben Rich's "Skunk Works" & am currently reading Phil Pattons "Travels in Dreamland"
as well as many other books of the same vein.

And we see these insights into their lives & experiances which fuel us with more questions & thoughts,
Yet what we seem to forget is all this info has been seen fit for our reading, Ben definatly would have been
involved with "what we in the UK call the Official secrets act" which of course is a contract with strict punishments
if not adheared to & im sure he took alot of info with him to his grave "appaerently his book was made to drop a few chapters
due to security issues" (obviously names, places & ongoing projects ect all fall into this catagory)

Anyway getting to my point here in the UK at Bletchley Park (A world war II listenign post & location of the the computer that cracked
Hitlers Enigma machine) After a recent visit to the site for a guided tour it is amazing how much infomation they have gathered on who & what
did what but what is eqauly amazing is the amount of living workers of the tiem who still refuse to talk about what they did there
and still very much in the "name rank serial number" mentality thats how much it was pushed to them how imortant their work was.

Im sure many of the Groom Lake workers are made of the same stuff.
These people really understand that their jobs are really important to their Country.

Hope that sort of got my point across, So its with the snippets of information & with the help of people like Joerg we learn what we can.

Personally Im getting very itchy feet & hope to visit Racheal this year.

I've a few questions too,
How far is the base from Tikaboo peak? the pictures I've seen from their look very remote.
Apart from the Janet flights do any other aircraft regularly touch down there?
What interceptors would they fly out of Edwards if the Airspace was breached?
And woldnt it be easier for Groom Lake to have its own working Squadron?

Sorry for all the Questions,
Al

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]