Re: Phone Number / also freqs

Message posted by Richard on August 20, 2000 at 09:56:06 EST:

Gary,

Groom lake no doubt has HF capability, there are no other means of keeping in contact with the aircraft when out of VHF/UHF range except for secure SATCOM which is obvious at the base.
SATCOM will not be the only means of their long range comms and so HF would be the secondary.

Pacific Test Range is located along most of Central Californias coastline, and is made up of many Restricted Areas.
The Pacific test Range is the Kwajelein Atoll, of where lies Bikini and others.
It covers a vast amount of area and is the impact site for Vandenberg MIRV tests. Aswell as this, Global Power Demos take place with B1Bs and B52s, plus the B2A.

The DSN numbers for Phone Patch are mainly used on GHFS stations yes, and seeing 11175 is the primary for world GHFS thats where most are heard.
When listening to HF, i hear quite good comms relating to Phone Patches to DSN numbers, even heard a women controller being chatted up by a pilot of a C17 one day.
Aswell as that, you can also listen to Battle staff communications and also Speckled Trout.

But thats not go there...
I talked to joerg sometime ago about getting an HF receiver out there and snooping...its an idea, but its a long shot if we would find anything.
Your forgetting that on top Bald Mountain they probably have an HF antenna somewhere....even the Sat dishes point here, aswell as pointing directly to some Airforce satellites in range.

The air Force has the capability to set up anything around that area, and have the technology to have an HF system down on the ground even though its next to the Papoose Mnt Range.
My guess would be HF is secondary to SATCOM and SATCOM is easier to find...albeit secure.
Try searching for some Edwards AFB HF Freqs, then search for them(scan if you have that capability on your Rx).

Rich

In Reply to: Re: Phone Number / also freqs posted by Gary Sellani on August 19, 2000 at 01:22:44 EST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]