vale Concorde (off topic)

Message posted by Magoo on July 26, 2000 at 21:51:17 EST:

Hi all

I know this is not related to the subjects usually discussed on this site, but I thought I would put it in anyway for the aviation enthusiasts among us.

The loss of the Air France Concorde in Paris on Monday felt to me, almost like I had lost a member of my family. I certainly had a lump in my throat and a tear in my eye, not only for the families and friends of the crash victims, but also for an aircraft that in my mind, is the epitome of the romance, grace and technology of aviation. Only the SR-71 can engender similar feelings in my mind.

In your day-to-day routines this week, spare a thought for the people who died in this tragedy, but also spare a thought for arguably the most beautiful and safest commercial aircraft that has ever flown, and hope that it will continue to grace our skies for years to come.

Most of all, please DO NOT listen to the bad press that has already started dribbling out of the collective asses of some the world's media. Accidents like this invariably happen through human error, and are rarely attributable to the aircraft itself in any way.

RIP flight 4590!

Magoo

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]