Re: Seeing the Base From Tikaboo

Message posted by Gary Sellani on July 08, 2000 at 23:24:37 EST:

I'm still fiddling getting my meade ETX90 to work with my Canon EOS 10S camera. You will need the T mount adapter from the telescope manufacturer PLUS the T adapter that fits your camera, which you purchase from a GOOD camera shop. Focusing is not that much of a problem, though the Maksutov-Cassegrain used in the compact telescopes is a bit finicky. You'll note that electric focusers are sold for this type of telescope. One other problem you will have is the wind shaking the telescope. I found that removing the ETX90 from the "fork" and just mounting it to a tripod had less shake.

I was talking to some amateur astronomer today at the local flea market. He says he buys his stuff at http://www.astromart.com/

Anyway, I think I have it all under control except for the exposure. My camera just doesn't compute the right exposure time. You can get a fair image using print film, but I haven't got the technique down good enough to expose slide film properly.

I hope your in good shape. I suspect climbing in July in the desert could be strenuous.

Attached link: astromart

In Reply to: Seeing the Base From Tikaboo posted by BillyGK1 on July 08, 2000 at 17:15:26 EST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]