Re: What the hell was that noise.

Message posted by Ian Nightingale on July 06, 2000 at 17:18:23 EST:

Dear All
Thanks for all the replies I had relating to the noise I heard.Just a few more things what Joerg asked.
I was surprised that I did not see any aircraft flying around on our trip up to Rachel apart from when we got some gas near Nellis.The intensity of the noise is what disturbed me the most (and my girlfriend).We have all heard military aircraft at close quarters,but this.The noise just came from nowhere when we was taking photos next to the signs.I could tell that the noise was not from an aircraft flying around has it had the same intensity to it for all the 5 or 6 seconds of us hearing it,to put it better it sounded like it was'nt going anywhere.The noise was just awesome,very,very loud considering if it was coming from the base and being about 13 miles away.It was a noise which shook your chest deep inside,I wish I could find the words to explain,but i'm sure it was coming from the the base has it sounded like it was coming from that direction.
Has it happens after hearing the noise I went over to the car and put my scanner on.I had put the freqs which are in your scanner guide and I did hear some air combat going on which sounded not to far away as it was a strong signal.But I say again that noise we heard sounded just like a engine test/taxi run.
Another thing which as got me thinking it was a bit weird was after reading one of the captions under your Cammo Dude photos,it say "if you go where they don't want you to go they drive by your parked car".This is what happened.After we got back in the car I had just set off and from out of nowhere a Cammo Dude must have sped out from behind the border and flew by our car about 50mph in a cloud of dust.I could'nt believe how stupid he was and that kind off shook me up,especially when he started to brake as he approached them little hills just before you get to the bordrer.I thought he was going to pull us over,but he just sped on.I think he was trying to get us to move on after being there for a while especially after what we heard.So a big Up Yours to the driver off that vehicle.
On the whole though it was a great trip and I would love to go back one day,especially during a Red Flag.But next time I'm sure it won't be with my girlfriend,she has had enough of aircraft and aliens and loud noises for one lifetime.Not me though.
All the best Ian.

In Reply to: Re: What the hell was that noise. posted by Joerg (Webmaster) on July 03, 2000 at 20:44:14 EST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]