Re: Here's a Frequency List ...

Message posted by Gary Sellani on June 28, 2000 at 01:10:09 EST:

I recall there is a Moto Astro system at Groom. I believe the data channel is 406.925. I didn't bother logging it as Jeorg says he knows someone who has analyzed the system pretty well.

In theory, Greg Knox (BC234/245 designer) is supposedly going to sell a box that connects to the BC245 that will decode Astro. Note that some Astro has DES on top of it, while other Astro is not encrypted. In the SF Bay area, the Lawrence Livermore Labs use MOTO ASTRO, as well as Travis. People in the area are working on decoding ASTRO, but Knox has a track record for getting the job done.

Here is the data from June 8th on www.strongsignals.net:
===============================================
Just posted on an egroups mailing list by:
News Flash! Digital Scanner available by end of the year! Scanner monitors will finally be able to monitor digital trunk systems that have been constructed throughout the country. Uniden Bearcat Corp will be unveiling a handheld digital scanner with a suggested retail price of $399. Greg Knox, the man who pioneered the development of the first trunk tracking scanner will be offering another product - an add-on interface board to allow monitoring of digital trunking formats. The price will likely be about $500
Thus it appears that some rumors circulating for the last 1.5 years are slowing turning from science fiction into science fact!
For those interested in further confirmation, note this message posted by Chris who says he talked to Greg last month at Dayton

UPDATE: Well, a few trusted sources indicate that Uniden is NOT working on such a digital scanner at this time but there is "interest" in what would be a costly venture. Greg Knox is hard at work, though, and hopes to have his hardware available by the end of the year

In Reply to: Re: Here's a Frequency List ... posted by Keith on May 27, 2000 at 10:43:23 EST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]