Re: 2000 Peoples Rally......news?

Message posted by Norio Hayakawa on June 11, 2000 at 17:35:55 EST:

Although I was not there at the Rally on the morning of June 6 , I did get some reports from several participants at the Rally. The Rally apparently drew only about 80 to 90 people total, much less than last years' Rally. This year's Rally was on a weekday. Therefore, considering that fact, it was still a success. Channel 3 TV station (NBC affiliate) from Las Vegas was present and reported the event in its evening news in Las Vegas. I had a chance to see the Channel 3 News on the Internet on Wednesday morning. The news showed Joerg Arnu explaining to the reporter the main purpose of the Rally. He did a great job!
Also, Joerg and Channel 3 climbed up the hill on the left of Groom Lake road,right at the restricted boundary line.....and successfully took a great shot of the "hidden" Guard Shack. All in all, it was a pleasant and meaningful gathering, according to many who participated. It was held under the watchful eyes of the "anonymous" "Cammo Dudes" as usual, but the friendly BLM Ranger was there and was very cooperative with the event.
This was the final People's Rally held. From next year, instead of the People's Rally, there will be a Friendship Camp-out and will probably be held on a weekend in April or May.....or even July, as suggested by Joerg Arnu.

In Reply to: 2000 Peoples Rally......news? posted by Steve on June 09, 2000 at 07:20:30 EST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]