A Word to the Wise

Message posted by Someone Who Knows on January 10, 2000 at 20:48:29 EST:

All -

I found this site while surfing one night, posted, and paid it no mind. I have had a chance to check it out, and I want to share some thoughts about A51, the Mojave RCS sites, and the like.

First, I just want to say, that I am not talking out of the side of my face. I spent many years assigned to the AFFTC, and, have worked numerous project there - classified and unclassified.

My first thought involves going to A51. This is inhospitable desert folks. The reason it is located in the middle of nowhere is to:

1. Keep to themselves, and
2. The desert is the perfect security system

I have hiked through the desert during every season, and I can most assuredly say, that if you are unprepared, you die. Edwards AFB has no fence around it. It is 364,000 acres^2. They need no fence, because if you try to "sneak in" there are two things that will happen:

1. You will find something, and be arrested or
2. You will get lost, and die. It is very easy to get disoriented when all of your landmarks disappear into the horizon

My second thought involves what goes on there. Sure, there may be rumors of 'Aurora' and such, maybe I have heard Aurora. I think before we can learn about the future, we have to get smart about the past. Two recommended books being "Dark Eagles" and "Skunk Works". I think that if you read those books, then you might have a better insight into what is really going on there, rather than what most think is going on.

Last, I think that this is a pretty intelligent group. I like the conversation and such...oh, and if you were still wondering about my credentials, ask the webmaster...I sent him some :> Verification.

Ciao

SomeoneWhoKnows

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]