Re: Best Photo Ships

Message posted by lone wolf on September 28, 2003 at 20:25:03 PST:

I wouldn't want to add another plane carcass to Mormon mountain, so you have a point. The pilot is in charge, period.

The 182 has that strut, but I could do the math to see if the strut can be avoided with a 200mm lens, the largest focal length Eller's suggested.

BTW, this photo has the strut at the right of the image and perhaps the prop (as a blur) at the left.

The disadvantage to using a 200mm lens is sometimes you want to get the whole area in one shot. It is not like you could do a panoramic because you would be moving between photographs. What Eller's suggests is that if you are forced to use a narrow field of view lens, take the photo from futher away. That would work provided there isn't much haze, but as you know, twice as close generally is more than twice as clear in photography.

Looking at Tom's photos, I'm going to get a 812 warming filter. These aerial photos look very blue. I've done photography from a helicopter without the blue tint, but the difference between 500ft and 8500ft is significant in the blue cast.

In Reply to: Re: Best Photo Ships posted by Dave Bethke on September 28, 2003 at 19:45:17 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]