Re: Legal use of a Radio Scanner in the USA

Message posted by lone wolf on September 13, 2003 at 13:53:11 PST:

There is no problem with the scanner at airshows or domestic use.

Customs might not like the scanner if it is analog cellphone capable, but that is not a very likely scenario.

Hope to see you at Edwards. I'll be the guy with a scanner and camera. ;-) I guess you are going to rent a car to get to Edwards, my point being I hope you know it is in the middle of nowhere. If you are going to stay in Palmdale, the motels are fine. If you plan in staying in Mojave, well it won't be like the Hilton. The Scottish Inn in Mojave is fine, and the Motel 6 is much better than the rest of the places, which isn't saying much. The Mariah Country Inn is top notch. I have seen rooms in the area sell out two weeks in advance, so don't forget to reserve something.

The Mariah is home to some military contractors doing work at the Mojave airport. I don't think I need to say anymore about that. ;-)

You might want to consider developing your film prior to leaving the US. I don't know the rule regarding Xraying film for international travel. I have always talked my way out of having film xrayed for domestic travel.

Attached link: mariah

In Reply to: Legal use of a Radio Scanner in the USA posted by speedbird15 on September 13, 2003 at 13:23:26 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]