Re: Terraserver updating of photos and a non-crash

Message posted by JimK on September 07, 2003 at 5:33:34 PST:

No, never did actually see a wreck with Terraserver, but I suppose somewhere there may be one. The lack of a road bothered me but the site is very close to a dirt road and I thought that maybe not enough trucks used the same path to wear a track. On the ground in Lincoln County I could see the differences in the color of the ground but it was much fainter than the Terraserver picture would imply. They must have had the contrast turned way high.

I've tried looking for wrecks that I know are there in my home state and couldn't see them either.
Incidentally there is another in Lincoln County that looks more "right", ie., like the Tom Mahood F15 site or the unknown site in his article. It is south of Blue Nose Peak but it turned out to be just an old cow camp.

Since I can only get out to the desert once every year or two, I do my "searching" from home on Terraserver. Mostly I look for sites where I have at least a clue ("60 miles NNW of someplace, NV"). It's not as much fun as the real thing but I enjoy it.

In Reply to: Re: Terraserver updating of photos and a non-crash posted by lone wolf on September 04, 2003 at 17:47:19 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]