Re: Aerial security at Area 51???

Message posted by Chris on September 05, 2003 at 19:28:29 PST:

While watching a special on Discovery, I believe, not too long ago I saw a clip from a small passenger aircraft that had gotten to within only a mile of that 25 mile outer box that is monitored quite frequently. The clip was old, I had seen it like 3 years ago on a Travel Channel Area 51 special, but it's quite good nonetheless. It wasnt F-16's that buzzed the piper cub, but F-15's. I'm not sure if anything has changed in the way of implementing F-16's as the newest method of first person air to air discouragement, but the F-15's did the trick and the small engine exited the area pretty quickly. As far as AA sites at Groom, there has to be something. I remember seeing photos on the net somewhere of such hardware at Tonopah, so who knows. I'm sure that fire ready surface to air sites are located all over that area, not only at Groom. I've had suspicious for years that Tonopah is a place to watch for classified aircraft programs, more than likely toward the end of their development phase.

In Reply to: Re: Aerial security at Area 51??? posted by lone wolf on September 05, 2003 at 8:16:17 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]